The Colony Government Center
6301 Main Street
The Colony, Texas 75056-1634
On This Page:
Branch Offices at
The Colony Government Center:
Tax Office, Ad Valorem / Motor Vehicle
Services: Visit the Tax
Assessor's web site for various forms and information. Or, you may
call The Colony office at (972) 434-8835.
Birth and Death Certificates: The Justice of the Peace is the Vital Statistics
Registrar for births and death occurring within the boundaries of Justice Court Precinct
Two at the time of the birth or death, only when the birth or death occurs outside of a
hospital environment (i.e., in a home, on a roadway, etc.). Call (972) 434-7200 for
information on filing new certificate, obtaining copies of existing records or locating
records filed elsewhere.
Veteran's Services: Each Friday 8:00
- 10:00 AM
Telephone (972) 434-8813 for more information.
The Colony Government Center is on Denton Mapsco 104M and
Dallas Mapsco 553M
- East on University (US 380) to FM 423
- Turn right (South) at the light on FM 423 and continue to the
stop sign at the intersection of FM 423 and FM 720
- Turn left, continuing South on FM 423 until it becomes Main
Street in The Colony.
- The building will be on the right, 1/4 mile past North Colony
- From I-35E, go East on SH 121 approximately 8 miles to Main
Street (FM 423) in The Colony
- Turn left (North) at the light on Main Street (FM 423) and
continue 1.8 miles
- The Denton County Government Center will be on the left
- North on Ohio Drive, Preston Rd., or the Dallas North Tollway
- Turn left (West) on SH 121and continue to Main Street (FM 423)
in The Colony
- Turn right (North) on Main Street and continue 1.8 miles. The
building will be on the left.
Map to The Colony
Back to Top