The following are the basic requirements for the Subdivision
- The owner submits a preliminary plat and an application form
along with all required fees. If interior roadways or drainage improvements are
associated with the development, engineering plans are submitted to
- The Planning Department and
reviews the plat and plans and identifies any deficiencies. After all corrections to
plats or plans are made by the Developer, the preliminary plat and plans are submitted to
the Development Support Committee for their action.
- Once the preliminary plat and engineering plans are approved
by Commissioners Court the owner is authorized to begin construction of perimeter and interior
improvements. The approval of a preliminary plat will expire after twelve months if
the Owner fails to proceed with the platting or development process.
- Improvements are constructed. The County inspects during
construction and as each phase is completed. After any deficiencies are corrected,
preliminary acceptance of the improvements is issued. The owner maintenance period
- Owner submits a final plat for review to the Planning
Department and after all corrections are addressed the plat is submitted to Commissioners
Court for their action.
- Once the final plat is approved by Commissioners Court, it is
recorded by the Owner in the County Clerks office.
- After maintenance period is
completed, County inspects the project, developer
corrects deficiency, County reinspects the project, and
Commissioners Court approves the project. The
infrastructure is now maintained by the County.
Please contact Denton County Planning Department, 1505 E. McKinney St, Suite 175, Denton, Texas, 76209-4525
phone (Metro) (940)
349-2990 for more information.